October 9, 2008

Family Home Evening!

The kids standing in front of their Great great grandfather, Joseph F. Smith!










This week we decided that we would have an activity for FHE. We were going to go to Thanksgiving Point to do the corn maze, pumpkin patch etc, but our plans fell through & we decided that we would go another day! So, anyway Ashlee has been BUGGING us to go to the Church Museum & to take a tour of the Conference Center. Since no one ever agrees, someone is usually unhappy about the decision. I decided that we would just take a vote & go where the majority wanted to go, (the minority is usually just James & maybe Ashlee, but since Ashlee was the one who suggested it, & Jacob, bless his heart, is usually pretty easy going about these things), James was the one we really had to convince to vote YES! Much to our surprise, all of the kids agreed! Yes, the vote was UNANIMOUS!! That honestly never happens in our family, and, it was the Church Museum which makes it all the more spectacular!! I am so interested in Church history, I just love it, so this was a special treat for me. I feel like I always learn something new! It really touched me thinking about how much the Early Saints sacrificed, I have always known this, it just hit me a little stronger this particular night. I also don't want my kids to take for granted all that they have, & to appreciate what those Saints who came before us sacrificed! I think that all of my kids felt the spirit there also, they got along so well, and had fun taking pictures of each other at the pulpit! We didn't get a chance to take a tour of the Conference Center. I guess that will have to wait for another time. Afterwards, we got ice cream from Baskins Robbins (any excuse for ice cream). All in all I would say it was a very nice evening for all of us!!

2 comments:

Andrea Sheets said...

Love the FHE. Especially since we have the same grandpa. I think Becky was going to call you to set something up. We were even thinking breakfast on Monday - so we could squeeze it in before UEA. Is Ashlee taking dance at silhouette? Samantha said she might have seen her.

Kathy said...

Sounds like a great activity for FHE. We really need to do that too. I have never even been to the conference center! The guys got tickets for the Priesthood session a couple of years ago but not me:(. It's just seems like we always have a ton of stuff to do when we get to SLC that we don't take time to do things like this. Anyway.... way to go!