James in front of the Washington Monument
Last week Don and James went on a little trip to Washington D.C. Don planned to be there that week for work, so he could take James. They left on Thursday morning. Friday James took the Subway to the mall and did some sightseeing, I think he was a little nervous(how could he not be?), although he wouldn't tell you if he was! Saturday afternoon after Don's seminar was over, they spent the rest of the trip together walking the city and seeing the sights.
The Washington D.C Temple
The doors of the Temple
The White House
The Tomb of the unknown Soldier
Don said the "changing of the Guard"was amazing
The Smithsonian Institute
Now all three of our kids have taken a trip there, I haven't but I told Don that it was okay, because for my birthday I wanted to fly to New York to see "WICKED". To my surprise he didn't say no....So I guess we'll see if I can work my charm(fingers crossed)!!!
***Of course they forgot the camera, so the only one they had was Don's phone, which means the pictures aren't really high quality....Better than nothing though!
2 comments:
Love the pics... Washington DC is amazing! You really should go! I don't blame James for being nervous going on the metro all by himself... I would be too!!! Hope you guys are adjusting to the new school year:) Hope to see you all soon!
I would love to go to Washington DC, maybe one day. I'm glad he had a good time, I can't believe he went by himself on the subway. Crazy!
Post a Comment