August 3, 2009

8~3~97 Ashlee Nichole Hulet


I can't believe that my baby girl is 12 years old ! 12 years ago today on a rainy summer day my sweet little Ashlee was born. I remember the day just like it was yesterday...All morning I had been having contractions for hours. I wasn't due until the 16th so I really didn't think that it was time. We went to church and my contractions were getting stronger and more painful, I had Don take me home. An hour later when he got home I realized that it was the "REAL THING"! So we packed up the kids and were off to the hospital. I got to the hospital at about 5:00p.m. the nurse checked me and said that I either needed to walk around to progress labor, or they would have to send me home. Don and I started to walk the halls, but we didn't get very far. I was in so much pain I couldn't stand it. We went back to the same nurse, who checked me again. This time I was dilated to a 6 and ready for an epidural. I really think that she miscalculated the first time. Ashlee was born at 9:33 p.m just four and a half hours after arriving at the hospital! The cord was wrapped around her neck twice. The doctor had to unwrap her neck as she was being born. After she was delivered he also noticed a knot in her cord if she had moved wrong before she was born, she would have certainly died. I don't think we realized the seriousness of the situation. I am so grateful for her sweet spirit. She is so excited that she will be going into young women's. We love her so much, and are so glad that she came to our family!!!

5 comments:

jeffandlorraine said...

Happy Birthday Ashlee!!! You are going to LOVE Young Womens!

Kathy said...

Happy Birthday Ashlee! I can't believe you are 12 already:). I hope you had a great day and a fabulous party!!!

Allred's said...

oh my gosh, 12. I dread that day, time just flies by so quickly and wouldn't it be great if we could just freeze a few moments for a little longer!! Ashlee have fun in Young Womens and don't let them strip the Primary from you!!

Kathy said...

Thanks so much for the blog background!!! I am still waiting to hear all about the camping party:)

ashlee nichole said...

i was born on a sunday? huh.