September 10, 2008

Got Mail?!?

Last Summer, Don & I were watching T.V. in bed, when we heard a loud bang! It sounded like a firecracker or something like that, we really thought nothing of it, we hear noises like that all the time & just figured it was the neighborhood kids goofing off, which they do quite often! So the next morning, my friend called and said that someone had blown up our mailbox, yes, it was in a million pieces all over our driveway! I guess it was time to buy a NEW one, So we headed off to Home Depot to buy an expensive, steel, never to be blown up again, mailbox(this one was a whole lot sturdier than the last one.) Anyway, two nights ago James & I were watching T.V. & we heard a sound, James looked over and said to me "mom, that sounded like a gunshot" again, we didn't think too much of it. So, when Don came home about an hour later, he said "someone blew up our mail"! The mail box held up, however the inside was full of ashes from our mail. We had to clean most of it right away, but here is a picture of some of the damage. The problem with our mailbox,is that it is so close to the road and no one can see it from the house! I guess it is just too hard to resist the temptation.(or maybe someone is just out to get us!) Ha ha!!


3 comments:

Kathy said...

How do you think you heard a gunshot and think nothing of it? :) I think I would have been all for checking it out! Wow, I'm glad it was just the mail. And.... I love the quote by Marjorie Hinckley.... I used it in my RS lesson (serve willingly) on Sunday. Thanks for having it on your blog!

jen hulet said...

We really didn't think it was a gunshot, maybe a car back firing or something!

Brigitte said...

maybe Don shouldn't be involved in gangs anymore.....

just a suggestion.

;)