April 22, 2008

Picking up sticks!!!





We have trees lining our driveway, most of the time we love them, but they occasionally lose small branches and sticks. Because of all of the wind storms, there were more than usual. So last night for Family Home Evening(much to my kids dismay), we gathered up all the branches and sticks from the yard! All of the kids pitched in and did a pretty good job. They only had to be told a couple of times to pick up more than a few sticks at a time. So, after we finished we decided that we would take the kids out for ice cream. I love bribery!

9 comments:

Kathy said...

I love the expressions on James and Jake's faces! Priceless!!!

Brian and Brandy said...

I think James looks very happy to be helping out his family :) - way to put your shoulder to the wheel

jeffandlorraine said...

Judging by the look on Jake's face the ice cream wasn't ample payment for the service he provided!

Brigitte said...

Iceberg shakes!!! Oh I'm so jealous! I love how they make those suckers so overflowing. The small is enormous, which is why the large is just right for me. :) That would have worked great if my mom had bribed me like that growing up. I say the kids are lucky.

kris said...

I don't see any pictures of you... Did you help out? Or were you in charge of taking pictures. They had an Iceberg here in Mesa, we enjoyed it for a few years before it went bust!

kris said...

I am dissapointed Jenny, I thought you were going to post some pictures of something else...REMEMBER????? I wanted to follow suit!

kris said...

Oh, I am such a dork!! I know that you don't spell disapoint with two s's. It's D-I-S-A-P-O-I-N-T!!

jen hulet said...

I kind of chickened out!! The Pictures were way too crappy.
BTW yes I did help, somebody's gotta
work the camera ha ha:).

Brian and Brandy said...

It's two P's Kris. and yes you really are a dork - or atleast a bad speller. Shoulda spended somore thyme n skool ehh?